“Yayyyyiiii, I’ve been nominated”, that’s the most honest expression I can start with 😀 . I am absolutely overwhelmed… Thank you so much RD Delly to think I am worth this recognition! Coming from a superb writer as you, I am beyond honored!
Fellow bloggers, please visit RD Delly’s The Write Spot For You, also check her out on Instagram @thewritespotforyou and you will come across some really amazing pieces, that is certain to touch your heart and make you go WOW! Whenever I read her writing, I feel “Oh My God, I’ve been there, done that, how do you know” ! Yeah she knows it all and puts it in words just wonderfully!
So, Get Set Go, here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you
- Nominate at least 3 bloggers for the award
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer
- Let them know they’ve been nominated
11 facts about myself:
1. I am an extrovert within an introvert, i.e. I can talk a lot to people I have really liked; with the rest I can get very quiet. Choosy, not unsocial, but selectively social!
2. I love to laugh, once triggered mine can be a laughter riot, uncontrollable and unstoppable for quite some time 😀 😀
3. I love to have chocolate ice cream after having Beer 😛
4. I absolutely do not like uncertainties. I’m sure many don’t, but I get very perturbed with uncertainties. I just want to know what’s in store. High hopes I know, but c’mon I need to know something, anything 😀
5. That brings me to the fact that I am quite impatient. I am better off now with a lot of life lessons, but I’d still call myself impatient. I’m only patient towards my impatience 😀
6. I love to travel! It’s not that I want to travel the whole world (given the means, of course I will), I can keep going to the same place again and again and rediscover it with every visit.
7. I can watch the same movie, that I have liked, a number of times. Spoilers do not spoil my mood to watch a movie with the same interest 😉 In fact I’d rather like to have a spoiler, to be at peace with my curiosity of ‘what next’ 😀
8. I cannot click selfies 😀 Yes! I just cannot! Just not able to! 😀
9. I always wish to have a time machine! There are things that I do not exactly regret, but slight changes, here and there, would do no harm!
10. Deep, long conversations about “life” attract me a lot. Breaking the ice or making small talk, not my forte.
11. My primary world is my inner self where things work based on my intuition. It’s a world of hidden meanings and possibilities.
RD Delly’s Questions for me:
1. If you could be an animal, which would you be and why?
Homo Sapien again! I feel, I still have, and will have even after I am gone, so much more to do, so much more to read and so much more to say!
2. Do you like crunchy food or chewy food?
When I’m alone, anything that tastes good will do. But outside, chewy, I don’t want people to know I’m eating 😀 , I get conscious.
3. If you could be any person past or present, who would you be and why?
You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I’ll rise.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
Into a daybreak that’s wondrously clear
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
Oh! How I want to think like her!
4. Who do you miss the most?
Myself, a couple of years back. I was more jovial, more innocent! Now I’m older and wiser though 😀
5. Why did you start your blog?
I loved writing always but in a personal diary. A very close and absolutely biased friend, believed in me, insisted I start blogging and I did. 🙂
6. Which literary character do you identify most with and why?
At the moment I can think of Jane from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I can recollect relating to her as the self-controlled girl with her immense emotion towards the dark, mysterious, yet intense Mr. Rochester…wow! 😛
7. Who is your favorite person?
My Mom and Dad…hands down!
8. Where is the most amazing place you have ever visited?
Recently I visited Maldives and of the few places I have been to, this enthralled me with its beauty. The way the islands looked from above before landing and the different shades of blue of the water, I was hypnotized. And, the fact that next time I visit this place, some of the islands I see now might not be there, fascinated me even more.
9. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Emotionally, in a more stable, controlled, secure, liberated and mature place.
10. What’s the best thing that ever happened to you so far?
Moments, innumerable moments that life has gifted me, good and bad, all a lesson in their own way. Moments are the best thing that has happened to me.
11. What is your favorite thing about yourself and why?
My intuition always makes me know things. It always has but it is only recently that I have been in full awareness of this, and thus my current favorite about myself. I might not be able to pin point why I believe in what I think, but I just know it is so. This helps me in taking a lot of decisions, gut feeling is what we call it I think!
I’m extremely glad to nominate:
1) My darling friend Discoverer’s Eye
2) The blogger whose posts I eagerly wait for Sundaram Chauhan Writes…
3) The Teacher who picked up a pencil and started fascinating with every post – Reggie German
Here are my questions for you:
- When did you mess up everything, but no one ever found out it was you?
- What would you name your boat if you had one?
- Which fictional character would you like to meet and fall in love with in real life?
- What is that one thing in real which is closest to “magic” according to you?
- What is the most interesting thing you have read or seen this week?
- What did you think was cool when you were young, but isn’t so now?
- Which of your personality traits has been the most useful, professionally and personally?
- If you could have a theme song, what would it be?
- If you could make one law that everyone had to follow, what would that be?
- What fact amazes you every time you think of it?
- Which personality trait do you wish you had?
I look forward to reading your answers.